· Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all the company transactions.
· Maintains records of invoices and creditors payments.
· Keeps records of day to day transactions and responsible for the preparation of accounts payable,invoices and purchase order and petty cash and payroll calculation.
· Assist the company Accountant in preparation of annual report, interim, annual budget and comparative financial reports.
· Stays current with developments, practice trends and promulgation in the accounting profession, monitor accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and procedures.
· Reconciles bank statements or department records.
· Ensure positive follow ups with company debtors while maintaining a positive company image and positive relations between the company and key customers, vendors, debtors and regulators.
· Maintain integrity of cash balance and cash flows system
· Maintain fixed asset records and control, depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items ,prepare propery tax returns review by the company accountant.
· Collect daily sales from all departments and lodgement in to company account
· Preparation of daily sales analysis of different departments
· Preparation of daily sales report, and monthly sales reports
· Preparation of monthly cash flow statements and bank reconciliation statements
· Payment to all suppliers of goods and services to the company
· Payment of staffs salary and commission
· Preparation of monthly profit and loss accounts,
SPECIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Proficient in computer application: Ms Word, Ms Excel,
Ms Power Point, Peachtree accounting package.
* Good Interpretation and Communication Skill
* Result Oriented Focus
* Analytical Mind
*Innovative and creative