Edward Kingston Associates
September 2009 - July 2011 (1 year 11 months)
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports, using computer.
- Evaluate and compare the relative quality of various securities in a given industry.
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks, and economic influences
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
- Present oral and written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts; prepares monthly financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments.
- Analyzes and reconciles expenditure and revenue accounts, including trustee accounts and investment reports.
- Monitors grant revenues and expenditures, ensuring data is recorded in the financial accounting system.
- Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings and tracks receivables; reconciles monthly accounts receivable.
- Prepares audit schedules for external auditors and acts as a liaison between the auditors.
- Prepares and files annual financial statements for the company
- Assists with the preparation of the annual and mid-year budgets.
- Assists with the fiscal year-end and fixed asset accounting.
- Provides training in the use of the computerized financial system and assists departmental personnel with budget questions, proper expenditure coding, document processing and other accounting related activities.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.