Riceken Merchants Limited
October 2015 - Present Day (1 year 5 months)
Performing accounting functions and system set up for month/year-end close.
• Inventory management, general ledger (GL) preparation.
• Articulating and developing of departmental plans, programs and strategies to facilitate the realization of the finance and accounts, and the organisational goals.
• Compiling and presenting detailed monthly, quarterly reports for management perusal.
• Bank reconciliation and international transactions and agreed balances.
• Managing company budget and accounts including balance sheet, profit & loss statements
• Developing and maintaining financial analysis to support decision making
• Ensure compliance with all statutory and reporting requirements like taxation, vat, firs etc.
• Liaise effectively with the internal and external auditors to ensure that an effective and
efficient audit process is carried out.
• Manage finance processes , develop and implement a modern cost effective accounting
System that meets all the activities of the company.
• Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to
help make financial decisions.
• Participating in the business strategic planning process and defines strategies/plans for
finance and accounting functions.
• Stock reconciliation exercise in all company warehouses and depots
• Vendors/Suppliers and customers relationship management.
• To oversee daily management process, setting cash position, wire transfer operations and deposit and disbursement of funds.
• Developing and managing long and short term cash forecast utilizing historical trends
• Report to the Managing Director and Chairman of the company