REGIONAL FINANCE MANAGER
WEST AFRICAN TOBACCO
June 2010 - Present Day (7 years 2 months)
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries;
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget;
- Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies;
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Analyzing financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
- Negotiating on major projects, loans and grants;
- Offering professional judgment on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance;
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed;
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Regional Auditing of all branch Accountant
- Preparation of weekly Reports collated from all branch Accountants within the region
to ascertain and Prepare Profit and Loss Account and Trial Balance.
- Carry out cash & bank reconciliation in order to ascertain true position of the
Statement of account and all deposits from all branches.
- maintain a proper debtor and creditor ledger accounts & monitor them according to the credit policies of the company
- Have custody of and control on various company assets
- Ensure proper control over assets belonging to the Company and maintain fixed assets register stating identification, location and valuation.
- Assist the internal and external audit that may be conducted from time to time