Accounting Manager/Financial Controller
West Atlantic Shipyard Ltd
July 2009 - Present Day (7 years 11 months)
- Provide and/or oversee day to day financial and accounting services and management within the guidelines established with and by the head office. Management of 2 assistant accountants by monitoring journal entries.
- Assistant to the Finance Manager who assigns any other cognate duties.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly & Year-end Financial Statements based on Nigerian GAAP & IFRS.
- Financial reporting by submitting timely monthly accounts and indicators to management and head office and ensuring its accuracy, completeness, integrity and reliability. Ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements pertaining to financial statement reporting by liaising with local and group auditors and act as the first point of contact for the auditors, and communicate with them to ensure all questions can be answered efficiently
- Calculation of industrial financial indicators (cost price, margin, stock variation).
- Responsible for Bank accounts and Cash management by supervising the accounts payable and receivable teams by reviewing and analyzing the weekly Cash-flow.
- Follow up of long-term building contracts in terms of invoicing and payment
- To ensure compliance with all tax legislation affecting the business & Capex procedures. Cost control and expatriate tax administration.
- Responsible for Budget and business plans realization, update and follow up.
- Oversee payroll and pension, in conjunction with company’s payroll bureau and pension funds