Operations / Logistics Manager
Brunel Energy Nigeria Limited
December 2010 - January 2013 (2 years 2 months)
- Reporting to Country Manager on Operations/Logistics activities
- Supervise all Administrative and Logistics staff / Drivers
- Ascertain Operations staff training requirements
- Manage employees’ compliance of established standards, policy and practices
- Co-ordinate all manpower logistics, flights, local transport and Hotel accommodation / Security escorts
- Advise Country Manager on a regular basis of current Logistics activities and new procedures in the office
- Administration of Company Expatriate Quota positions and personnel visa status
- Coordination of documents for all categories of Visa processing including STR, TWP,
Business/Visitors Visa of personnel and dependants to the embassy
- Effective management and administration of Company Expatriate Quota Positions with regards to
Renewals, Additional, Re-designation, Restoration, Withdrawals and Stay of Action, etc.
- Processing of CERPAC – Green/ Brown (Resident /Alien) Cards and Re-entry Visas
- Administration of Monthly Expatriate Quota Returns and Deletions as appropriate
- To ensure all contractor man hours / timesheets are duly collected and handed over to accounts department
- To ensure payment of Local Allowances are transferred to Contractors
- To ensure proper events planning and management
- Co-ordinate / ensure Meet and Greet and all effective Protocol arrangements for all concerned personnel
- Serving as Company Representative and Government Liaison Officer in matters as it relates to: The Presidency; The Nigeria Immigration Service; Ministry of Interior; Ministry of Foreign Affairs; National Planning Commission; DPR – Directorate of Petroleum Resources; and other allied government ministries/departments and agencies
- To ensure maintenance schedule for company vehicles are executed by staff
- To ensure Accommodation Routine Checks / Facilities Management is executed by staff
- In-house Consultant on general immigration matters
Key administrative functions:
- Maintain administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Purchases items by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintain continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.