Senior Network Technician
VDT Communications Limited
March 2010 - Present Day (7 years 2 months)
- Acting as installer on all approved links installation for new projects.
- Ensure that customers and client links are well managed by constantly responding to fault calls
- Ensure that site survey are conducted accurately to aid quality installation
- Ensure that all escalated faulty calls are fixed within target SLA for resolution.
- Ensure 100% up time availability at the PoP by constant monitoring of the links and trunks.
- Ensure clients fault calls are attended to within SLA time frame.
- Ensures quality functionality of all installed links at client’s site before hand over.
- Reduce/eliminate repeat call on all worked on installation.
- Ensure all equipment is properly configured before installation to avoid damage and downtime.
- Carry out quarterly routine maintenance at the PoP.
- Ensures proper documentation of all installed links, resolved faults for documentation and reference purpose.
- Ensure job completion forms are properly signed off with clients before leaving clients site.
- Ensures proper stock level of spares and equipment is captured and reported in the daily report.
- Work with POP Head and Rigger in harmonious working relationship to achieve organizational goals and objective.
- Ensure riggers are properly trained on how to effectively carryout any new installation and resolution of faults when the need arises.
- Assist in the purchase of spares and accessories for installation from local supplier.