Quality Engineer (Industrial placement)
Aspen Tech Ltd , Cambridge, UK
January 2005 - December 2006 (2 years 1 month)
- Worked as an engineering software tester to build and maintain sophisticated tests for the mathematical modeling software, AspenOne.
- Test the quality and performance of product, Aspen Zyqad.
- Develop comprehensive test cases and user manuals of these models reflecting the real-world business and engineering usage of the tools.
- Liaise with clients to improve and enhance the product performance.
- Communicate with the quality engineering and development team through progress reports and meetings.
- Work closely with developers and software architects while following up on defects reported in previous release candidates.
- Identification and presentation of key performance indicators directly related to the quality team
- Debugging time (reduced by 10%), Defects fixing time (reduced by 20%), Overall productivity (increased by 15%)
- Implemented training course for new recruits — speeding profitability and departmental hand over to Shanghai
- Appointed and trained to be a ‘first aider at work’.