Steam Broadcasting and communications
September 2008 - Present Day (8 years 11 months)
- Broadcast Equipment Management:
· Audio wiring, KRONE BLOCKS/Main Distribution Frame (MDF), Canford Product, UK.
· AoIP (Audio Over IP, Wheatstone Evolution 6 console and Blades-88a/88e)
· AUDIO LOGGERS (Sonifex Netlog)
· TELEPHONE HYBRID (Comrex STAC 6)
· Outdoor Broadcast CODEC (Comrex Portable and Comrex Access)
· AUDIO PROCESSORS (Symetrix 6200 series and 2X series) etc.
· Consoles (Arakis/Audio Arts/ Wheatstone Evolution 6) and the GPIO’s involve.
- Information Technology and Communication Management:
- KVM Switch (Dlink/Belkin)
- Cisco Router (2800 series)
- WORKSTATIONS (HP, Compaq, Dell)
- Cisco switches ( catalyst 2960G, Linksys business series, small business)
- SERVERS (HP Proliant and Dell)
- Environmental Monitoring Unit (EMU), Sensatronics Products.
- Radio Data Service (RDS) Audessence PRO-2
- PhoneBOX by Bionics, NAS Network Attached Storage (Iomega ix4-200d.)
- Comprehensive research on intended equipments to be used when such need arises and proposing them to management, for review.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution (Software and Hardware). TCP/IP, All E-mail activities inclusive.
- Inter-Station Network Broadcast/OB (Outside Broadcast), configuration, transmitting and monitoring using VoIP.
- Handles the PROMAX PROLINK advanced digital TV & SAT level meter/Signal analysis equipment which measures FM radio, Digital radio, Terrestrial TV, cable TV, Satellite TV, MMDS Microwave links, VSAT, digital TV and Wi-Fi.
- Write and collate weekly report on readings taken from the Transmitter, studio problems/solution and signal strength test.
- Other duties which relates to broadcasting as assigned by the General Manager Technical (GMT)