Business System Analyst
May 2005 - Present Day (11 years 11 months)
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and systems problems ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Interfaced with users to prepare and update business process requirement and software systems requirement.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration and requirement.
- Prepared project progress report and status reports and submitted to the management on an onging basis.
- Use SQL queries and reporting tools to gather, understand and process information.
- Perform audits to ensure proper access control.
- Effectively train core and end users on aspects of the PeopleSoft System ensuring proper knowledge transfer.
- Prepared business process models: used Visio to create use case diagrams
- Created and documented new security design in PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 by creating new permission lists and roles.
- Work with PeopleTools in terms of security and user profile setup, assigning roles and setting up user profiles pertaining to individual responsibilities, creating end user profiles for new hires, lock accounts of terminated employees, and create desired roles to meet the needs of core users upon request.
PeopleSoft Department – Analyst
- First point of contact for PeopleSoft issue resolution/questions from the university community. All investigations from the functional aspect were completed before being escalated to the next level.
- Created an initiative to increase employee access for Employee Self Service, thereby increasing the capacity of end-users from 20% to 40%.
- Increased the accuracy of biweekly payroll by about 40% by reconciling payroll and job data records through the verification of employee job information.
- Create User
- Effectively train end users on system updates and modifications.
- Effectively trained team members ensuring proper understanding of the tasks to be performed.
- Worked with cross-functional team to create test scripts using pre-defined formats for existing and new business processes for PeopleSoft HCM 8.9 and Financials 8.9.