Administrative/Healthcare Assistant (Lisson Grove Health Centre)
WESTMINSTER PRIMARY CARE TRUST (NHS), UK
April 2005 - June 2007 (2 years 2 months)
- Primarily responsible for registering client information on EMIS database, handling referrals and managing diaries and appointments.
- Electronically recorded, processed and manipulated client health data & Clinical Information Management.
- Proactively facilitated communication in a diverse workforce via face-to-face communication, interpreters, e-mail and telephone.
- Provided clinical assistance to healthcare professionals.
- Used medical equipment to carry out investigation and delivery care i.e. ECG machine, Nebuliser.
- Generally assisted medical professionals with the delivery of care.
- Provided health care delivery as well as health advisory services to diverse categories of patients. This included bereaved patients, terminally ill patients, depressed patients, educated and uneducated patients; English speaking and non-English speaking patients. This experience was the most fulfilling and rewarding because it taught me patience, empathy, confidentiality and a zeal to provide and deliver humanitarian services.