· Effectively coordinated with the finance, sales, marketing, legal, engineering and purchasing/procurement team to deliver profitable business solutions to our vendors, customers and the company.
· Responsible for managing an annual investment (CAPEX) of £ 28,570,000 and lease budget of £ 15,000,000.
· Seamlessly monitored and ensured implementation of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) norms
in all projects carried out in the retail channel.
· Effectively coordinated with the team in business development strategy for the retail channel including regular business planning and evaluation, sales forecasting as well as detailed market survey and business analysis.
· Monitored market trends and competitor activity to identify gaps in the market and also optimize opportunities resulting to either expansion (rebuilds, upgrades, renovation, reconstruction, outright purchases/acquisition, rents, franchises) or divestment/closures.
· Fostered strong relationships with existing team, external and internal stakeholders.
· Conducted regular pre and post-investment analysis and made recommendations based on the results (IRR, ROI, NPV, and Payback) to senior management. Utilized economic models to evaluate the feasibility and profitability of projects.
· Judiciously prepared, evaluate and report data to senior management and provide analytical support for business decisions and opportunities including site acquisition, rents, leases, market assessment studies and competitive analysis.
· Successfully delivered technical and commercial sound proposals during lease and contract negotiations. Conducted project initiation, implementation and control.
· Manage an annual multi-million dollar budget, handled weekly budget management activities. Worked extensively with the team in monitoring and engaging with project engineers and with the purchasing team to ensure projects are carried out as per the schedule and within the cost limits.
· Responsible for effective and profitable management of dealers’accounts in Benin Sales District.
· Enhanced sales revenue by driving product availability, promotional effectiveness, merchandising activity and cost-effective pricing.
· Monitored and implemented upon key sales indicators to motivate and manage sales staff.
· Managed market development activities and briefed Head Office Strategy Team and ensured planning was aligned accordingly.
· Successfully developed value propositions for customer segments and built excellent customer relationships.
· Built trust and fostered strong and effective business relationships within the sales team, while motivating team members to meet organizational objectives.
· Developed and enhanced relationships with top regulatory bodies and with appropriate national agencies like NNPC, DPR, etc.
· Conducted Customer Attendants’ recruitments, trainings and career management.
· Effectively managed the Young Dealer Scheme (YDS) by ensuring periodic performance reviews, interviews, training and development of dealers within the sales district.
· Handled regional planning and execution of sales activities, new product launch and promos.
· Effectively oversaw sales order processing, product logistics management and follow-up from the depots to customer locations.
· Judiciously prepared monthly financial reports such as P& L, Account Evolution, Stock Position/Audit, Financial Situation and cash flow position for all retail outlets within the sales district.
Relationship & Account Management. Deposit liabiity generation. Risk assests creation. Business development, cold-calling, prospecting, Business Report Writing, Monthly Performance Review (MPR).
Repeatedly exceeded account opening objective (turnover & number of accounts) by an average
Rated A+ for Income Generation and healthy Risk Assets Portfolio on a regular basis.
Consistent commendation from Regional Management for accurate and prompt reporting.
Reactivated the highest number of dormant accounts in my Small Business Unit (SBU) in 2005
Commended for positive results in loan recovery and loan restructuring within the SBU.
Recognized by branch management for Customer Service Excellence in 2004 & 2005.
Exceeded Income Target annually by an average of 18%.