Company: GadFly Consulting Limited;
Position: Project Team Leader/Implementation Strategist,
October 2009 – Till Date;
About Gadfly Consulting Limited; was formed by Young African Professionals to support innovation-based technology and knowledge-driven sustainable development Projects and Programmes in Africa through multi-disciplinary approaches. We may be Engineers, Architects, Project Managers, Biologists, Economists, Business Administrators or Historians united by the belief that Africa is a continent pregnant with possibilities. We promote sustainable partnerships with a strong focus on Capacity Building that will enable Africa take her place as contributor to, not recipient of development assistance. We focus on harnessing the expertise and entrepreneurial spirit of Nigerians as well as Africans all over the world to build partnerships, capital and man-power to bring the vision of change into reality. Like the Gadfly, we continuously explore new methods of doing things by promoting tripartite partnerships between Governments, Businesses and Civil Societies.
Am responsible for the company’s projects supervisions, manpower planning & coordination [skilled & artisans], coordination of general consultancy services, and supervision of result-oriented trouble shooting and turn-key procedures for our prospective clients and champions the bidding / prequalification requirements for general contracts and jobs implementation policies/ methods amongst competitors.
I also created a formidable project management team / work force responsive to the cohesion of young professionals in the Design Architecture, Creative Arts and Innovations, Investment Solutions, Industrial Engineering & Turn-key Services as an effective consortium network and pioneering drives for bidding and competing in several development projects.
COMPANY: GLOBACOM LIMITED, ABUJA REGIONAL OFFICE
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE.
MAY 2006 – JUNE 2009.
Reporting to: The Area Manager (Retail Sales) - [KUBWA, DEI-DEI, ZUBA, MADALLA, SULEJA & ENVIRONS]
a) As a Business Development Executive in the Sales Department, my duties includes to:
Define Outlets-Outlets Census by monitoring and ensure Globacom Products/Services Availability in ALL Retail Outlets in the Area of Coverage.
Ensure 100% call rate to ALL Retail Outlets within the Area of Coverage.
To ensure Merchandising and Point of Sales (POS) placement in ALL Retails Outlets within assigned Area of Coverage
To carryout Markets Prices Survey and Competitors Activities with the Discovery and Development of New Areas.
b) I was recommended for / assigned by the Regional Managers – RMs as at Regional Levels [Abuja]
1. The Pioneering Sub-Unit Head for the Business Development Executives, Abuja Region – BDEs from 2006 - 2009
2. Assigned as the Abuja Region’s Coordinator - Commercial Telecoms Operators –CTOs from 2007 - 2009 and
3. Assigned as the Abuja Region’s Coordinator - Canvassers Operations/Activities from 2008 - 2009
4. I was also an assigned a Team Member of the Abuja Roll-Out Team as a Business Development Executive representing the Sales Department for siting of Telecom Masts within the Abuja Coverage Areas from 2007 – 2009.
c) I was nominated for the Position of THE ABUJA REGION TEAM LEADER for 3G-SALES in JUNE 2009 before voluntarily resigning to acquired additional knowledge and exposures in Project Management and Business Solutions Consulting.
As a Business Development Executive - BDE, functioning directly with responsibilities, subordination, supervision and mentorship of a Result-Oriented Area Sales Manager;
1. The Monthly Sales Revenue grew from N 1MILLION to N 150 MILLION – [MTD] as an Achievable Average Monthly Sales Target, due to the responsive outcome of the day to day sales / marketing activities’ monitoring and ensuring the availability of Globacom’s Services & Products in my assigned area of coverage vis-à-vis KUBWA, DEI-DEI, ZUBA, MADALLA, SULEJA & other surrounding communities which lead to the sporadic growth in the Regional Cumulative Sales Volume from 2007 – 2009.
2. Established and Encouraged profitable business relations between Globacom Dealers/Business Partners and Related Institutions such as Commercial Banks who financially partner with The Globacom Business via Bank Guarantees to Dealers.
3. Experienced an increased Assigned Areas’ Customers/Dealerships’ Base from about TWO (2) Active Dealers to ELEVEN (11) Performing Dealers operating on an average monthly sales of N 20MILLION
4. Developed and increased the level of awareness and the presence of Globacom in my Assigned Area of Coverage via Aggressive, Timely & Responsive Customers’/Subscribers’ Feed-Backs mechanisms, After-Sales Consultations, Sensitization Campaigns & Branding Activities/POS placements, Road Shows liaising with the Branding Unit.
5. Worth of Note, was that under the responsive leadership & proactive supervision of My Area Manager and as a young multi-talented / result-oriented / resilience sales employee, aggressive foot soldier, market developer and business solutions provider in the Sales Department served at various supervisory/coordinating capacities, pioneered dutifully several business strategies and work-plans for the widespread of Globacom Products’ and Services within the Abuja Region and environs leading to the adoption and creation of the FIRST, EVER GLOBACOM’S STOCKS PICK-UP POINT IN SULEJA for the rapidly growing market acceptability of Globacom Brands.
NYSC Job Experience:
i. The FIRST, EVER Interschool Academic Quiz Competition for ALL Post Primary Schools in BAYELSA STATE.
ii. Introduction of the FIRST, EVER Inter-Ama (Town) Academic Quiz Competition for the FIVE AMAS (Towns) in TWON BRASS, BRASS LOCAL GOVERNMENT, BAYELSA STATE
iii. Constructed, installed & donated 30m long Pedestrian Bridge across a swamp, Bills Boards and Sign Posts for the Twon Brass Community Health Community Centre.
Company: Subsurface Engineering Unit, Mobil Producing Nigerian Unlimited
(Subsidiary of ExxonMobil Corporation) Qua Iboe Terminal, Eket. Akwa Ibom State.
Position: Industrial Training Experience.
Duration: October 2000 to April 2001.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACHIEVEMENTS:
a. Production Surveillance / Administration & Database Development for ALL Oil & Gas Wells in EDOP ASSET these include Daily Production Surveillance Scheme, Individual Well Surveillance Scheme, and Basic Well Information Database & Well Test Status Spreadsheet.
b. Optimization and Identification of Plausible Opportunities for Volume Recovery and Uplift Mechanism these include support for Reservoir Pressure Maintenance/Drive Mechanism and Gas Injection Activities in Edop Complex. Artificial Gas Lifting System and Optimization.
c. OFFSHORE VISITS – inspection of Shut-in wells, Optimization and Measurement of Gas Volumes/Rates for Gas lifting and performing root-cause analysis and troubleshooting for any well problem or failure.
d. Mobilization and Coordination of Slick line / Wire line and Data Acquisition.
As a Chemical Engineer/Business Builder/Reliable Sales Hunter/Negotiator/Work Planner/Project Manager currently on Private Practice & Partnership with Gadfly Consulting Limited, FCT-Abuja. I wish to apply based on my acquired Project Management Experiences, Direct Sales, B2B Sales, Strategic Marketing, Supply-chain Relationship, Manpower Management, Channelization, Business Development, Brand Management and General Contracts; with proven track records in Customer-Base Management and ability to drive market force/sales team for the attainment of optimal set target. What I like most about my over eight (8) years post graduate experience is that it has given me the opportunity to learn, be creative and be proactive in managing projects and challenges of all kinds with available manpower and resources. I passionately feel that I could be a valuable asset in any organization I find myself.