BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/OPERATIONS MANAGER
GFL MARINE SERVICES LTD
November 2011 - Present Day (5 years 9 months)
Oversee fleet operations by monitoring and evaluating the performance of all vessels to safeguard the timely implementation of charter party provisions and ensure compliance with international and national regulations.
- Lead the Emergency Response / Crisis Management Team in order to treat emergencies in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Monitors operating costs (including Bunkers and Disbursements), approve invoices and ensure cost efficiency.
- Ensure that corporate policies are correctly implemented by the Commercial Department and provide adequate resources and support so as to carry out their functions
(i.e. Operators, Bunkers, Disbursements, Freight Collection).
- Provide consultation to the Legal department with regards to the defence of operations related claims and arrange the collection of relevant documentation for the protection of the company’s interests.
- Monitor the collection of financial income through the Freight Collections department and maintain an active network of contacts with Charterers, Brokers and Clients.
- Work closely with the Legal Department in order to keep up-to-date with alterations in shipping regulations and/or port requirements that may affect the voyage and efficiently notify the chartering department to continuously safeguard statutory compliance.
- Ensure communication between the vessel’s captain and operators with regards to the voyage execution and vessel’s requirements to achieve optimal performance.
- Closely monitor each vessel’s costs and invoices in order to ensure that charges are justified.
- Monitor the procedures of ship inspections relating to fitness of cargo holds or tanks for the proper carriage of cargo.
- Ensure the monitoring of the renewal of certificates or special insurance policies required to cover vessels’ trade.
- Lead, inspire and develop a highly motivated and driven commercial operations team.
- Monitor and report opportunities
- Declaration of vessels at berth meetings prior to vessel berthing
- Verification of the acceptability of nominated vessels for berthing at relevant Nigerian Ports.
- Lodgment of vessel Manifest/Tran sire with NPA, and Custom.
- Perfection of single goods declaration (SGD) Form and closing of Custom’s Manifest for Export/Import petroleum products.
- Collection and Reconciliation of NPA bills.
- Booking of vessels at the Pilot Office
- Boarding of vessels with the relevant Govt. Agencies, NPA, Customs, Port Health and Nava task force etc.
- Monitoring of vessel’s movement, bunkers, fresh water and reporting same to Marine Transportation Department (MTD)
- Liaison with customs, NPA and other relevant agencies to effect PPMC’s compliance with relevant Import, export and Coastal operations requirements.
- Engage new customers
- Develop proposals to meet client requirements
- Maintain and develop existing customer base
- Meet and exceeds budget targets.
Establishment of the administrative and operational structure of the marine and service arm.
Lead in the preparation and follow-up of all tender bids/s for our service.
Liaise with all regulatory organs of government,
Planning and execution of all operations.
Prepare, defend and implement company annual operational budgets.
Increase fleet at two new vessels per year.
All other assignment as may be necessary and directed by management and or board of directors.