To assist in lecturing Corporate Financial and Management Accounting in MBA Class whenever called upon. Still lectures till date.
1. Financial statement preparation
2. Financial Forecast Assessment and Analysis to understand trends and direction of the company
3. Business plan analysis
4. Financial model development for funds raising
5. Management reporting including project reports, major expenditure report, budget reports, etc.
6. Banking, Treasury and Cash Management Functions
7. Taxation and all other statutory compliance functions
1. Concluded the statutory audit of year 2010 and 2011 accounts outstanding within three months of resumption.
2. Assisted in raising Contract Finance for On-going projects
3. Effectively managed APG Bonds, Bid Security and Performance Bond Cash Covers
4. Recovered excess bank charges for the company
Same as above
1. Concluded year 2009 and 2010 accounts outstanding before joining the company
2. Successfully restructured over N8bn Contract Finance Facility to Term Loan with reasonable moratorium and friendly repayment terms
3. Recovered excess bank charges for the company.
1. Same as above
2. In addition, to spin-off UBA Properties Ltd from UBA Plc
1. Concluded Spin-off Report and submitted to MD/CEO.
1. Set up the bank as 100% Subsidiary of UBA Plc, Nigeria from receipt of approved business plan through offices construction, CBK approval to commencing business working in partnership with the CEO.
2. Responsible for all processing and customer service functions
3. Responsible for HR, Logistics, Corporate Communication and IT Functions.
1. Concluded the set up of the bank with key business enablers such as SWIFT and RTGS for driving transactions and deposit mobilization within 9 months.
Proofing and Clearing all legacy account balances created by the number of other banks acquired through 'Purchase and Assumption Scheme'
Concluded the assignment within the given period; and was then appointed COO of UBA Kenya.
1. To set up the Dept carved out of Internal Control Division per CBN Directive; and train other Compliance Staff and indeed, all other staff on AML / KYC measures.
1. The assignment was On-going
2. Was one of the AML / KYC Compliance Managers of banks that worked on the successful delisting of Corporate Nigeria from FATF's NCCT List in year 2006.
1. Obtained Internal Audit Report from Internal Audit Department. Provide a risk-based analysis of the reported exceptions, and advise management with improvement measures.
2. Prepare and render reponses to EFCC, Police, NDLEA, etc letters to the bank.
Was successfully on-going until August 01, 2005, the day legacy UBA and STB became one bank under red colour, but still retained the name: United Bank for Africa Plc.
1. To drive compliance with documented processes by all staff while processing daily transactions
2. To review and recommend business / internal control process improvements
The job was successfully On-going.
1. Exercised oversight function over 21 branches of the bank, including resource provision and direction advice. Provided operations strategic support to the Branch Heads of Operations.
2. Prepared monthly Management Accounts including MPR, APR, Expense Analysis, Fixed Assets Schedules, Prepayment and Accrual Schedules. Anchored monthly Management Performance Review Meetings, etc.
3. Exercised oversight function over 62 branches of the bank on Internal Control issues.
1. Consistently received at least 80% appraisal rating from the Business Co-ordinator.
2. Consistently produced quality Performance Reports.
3. Weekly internal control exceptions report to Head Office.
1. Joined the banking industry as Executive Trainee starting with Tellering function, Cash Officer function, Funds Transfer function, Clearing and Reconciliation function; and later rose to the position of Branch Operations Manager.
2.Prepared monthly Management Accounts including MPR, APR, Expense Analysis, Fixed Assets Schedules, Prepayment and Accrual Schedules. Anchored monthly Management Performance Review Meetings, etc
1. Quality customer service support.
2. Quality monthly performance reports.
1. Maintanied quality Special Project Account for on-going Research Project; and prepared monthly Management Accounts.
2. Reviewed monthly staff payroll.
1. Was successfully on-going until secured a job with Fidelity Bank Plc in March 1992.
I am ISO 9000: 2000 certified System Quality Management Auditor year 2007.