· Responsible for managing Finance Staff supporting Production West (PD) covering Land and Swamp Locations, Forcadoes Terminal including all the Re-entry activities.
· Managed the West Re-entry Programme Budget Implementation and Partners Reporting. A project to re-enter and rehabilitate the facilities after years of vandalisation and subsequent shutdown of the facilities.
· Managed and maintained the business controls framework for the line based on Corporate Controls Framework, and ensured controls were in place to address associated risks and uncertainties.
· Provided input and contribute to the review of Business Controls incidents in PD West Asset, Terminal and West/EA Re-entry teams and follow-up on close out of action items.
· Coordinated Assurance Processes in PD West Asset, Terminal and Re-entry teams (SOX, Business Assurance letters in the Directorate). Act as Audit focal point with Audit Function for PD teams in the West.
· Provided financial input and advice on PD West Asset, Terminal and Re-entry teams’ Budget submission to the Planning Function within the PD directorate. Provided day-to-day business advice (financial controls) in particular to the PD Asset, Terminal and Re-entry teams to ensure integrity of spend, and that spend is in line with the yearly plan. Also, facilitated Investment Proposal process for qualifying items in PD West Asset and
· Provided cost structure reporting, including budget and expenditure analysis, and Management information to the Asset teams. Managed and drove Budget Controls Committee (BCC) meetings at the line Manager’s level. Supported West PD teams with NAPIMS’ DEVCOM, TECOM, OPCOM submissions.
· Lead and mentor PD Business Finance West staff by ensuring the continued development of competences with appropriate behaviours that will result in delivery of professional services to the Line. Ensured seamless integration of own staff in all Finance activities, acting as their primary mentor.
· Managed all inquiries coming from other departments on the JV issues. Protect corporate image by driving full compliance with relevant legislation, directives, rules and guidelines as provided by the Finance Director and Group policies and procedures.
· A member of PD Finance leadership Team. Also a member of PD West Asset Leadership Team.
· A key member of West Re-entry Tender Board with responsibility for approving all West Re-entry contacts and procurements. Giving advices on policy implementation and compliance
· Responsible for coordinating all finance staff on the West Emergency Response team.
· Coordinated provision of specialist Finance and commercial services needed by the Business (Tax, Insurance, Treasury, etc) and to build relationships and interfaces with the rest of Finance, especially Supply Chain Management (SCM), and with global EP Finance to ensure the business objectives are met as well as supporting Group standardisation initiatives in this area. Of crucial importance is the establishment of a collaborative environment where staff of each Function and Discipline is aligned towards achieving the goals of PD West teams.
Professional Qualification : Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA)
Current Job: Consulting for Oil & Gas Companies
·Implementing SAP Accounting System for an Upstream Oil and Gas Company
·Documenting Finance Processes and Procedures for the Client Organisation (Finance Procedure Guide and Step Instruction Manual)
·Setting up the Compliance and Control Systems and Procedure
·Planning and Organisation of Business Programme and Budget Approval Processes for the Joint Venture Partners
·Rendering Financial Services and Advice in Project Implementation.
·Finance Organisation Review and Job Description for Major Finance Positions