· Head of the security department, he reports to the General Manager on all security matters.
· Be aware of the Fire and Emergency procedures, and your department’s responsibility in an emergency.
· Be responsible for formulating the departmental plan and supervise it to be followed up.
· Briefs Supervisors on function, VIP arrivals and other events, which will necessitate additional or special preparations.
· Conduct regular operational meetings to review, monitor, adjust and upgrade the performance of the Department as a whole, explaining new directions and policies and procedures at the same time.
· Conducts frequent front and back of house checks.
· Conforms to and enforce policies & procedures and rules & regulations as laid down by the hotel in order to achieve the highest levels of uniformity and guest service.
· Directs and controls all subordinate to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time.
· Establish control procedures in all operation aspects in accordance with company’s policy.
· Investigate cases happened in the company. Should criminal cases are occurred in the company.
· Maintain a security logbook on incidents, complaints etc. and refer them, if required to the appropriate department for follow up action.
· Performs special duties as required or designated by the General Manager.
· Prepare job responsibilities of the security department. Adjust and update it according to the working situation.
· Prepare various monthly reports as required by the General Manager.
· Responsible for the entire operations, staffing and equipment of the Security Department.
· Training of personnel according to established procedures and security training, conducts training meetings to discuss problems and future plans, gives information and assignment
Served the Nigerian Army for 23 years and rose to the rank of Major before voluntarily retired in 2008. Acquired the basic military training up to Command and Staff College and awarded Pass Senior Staff Course. My 23 years of experience as communication and security officer in the Nigerian Army has built capacity in security management and control.
a. Source and deploy attached MOPOL strategically along Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
b. Retrain and deploy BCHSL SPY to complement MOPOL on the highway.
c. Equip and provide desired facilities for the efficient performance of attached MOPOL and company SPY including provision of vehicles, communication, power bikes and other required accessories.
d. Collaborate with other security agencies and stakeholders while ensuring the highway is free of hoodlums, miscreants, all forms of criminality and bottlenecks.
e. Ensure designated trailer parks established by BCHSL along Lagos – Ibadan expressway are efficiently and effectively utilized.
f. Partner with other departments of BCHSL with the overriding corporate existence and interest of the company as yardsticks.