1. Responsible for developing conceptual designs and preparation of Basic Engineering and Design Package (BDEP), which involves preparation of deliverables as : Basic Design Calculations, Work Scope Definition, Project Specifications, Preliminary Design Drawings, Descriptive Bill of Quantities, etc.
2. Responsible for detailed engineering which include preparation of structural drawing, foundation drawings, construction drawings, calculation notes, fabrication drawings, Installation details, Construction Scope of Work, etc.
3. Support and provide inputs during the scouting phase, conceptual phase and development of the basis of design for project
4. Use of Auto CAD for drafting, STAAD Pro for structural analysis and other design software as may be applicable to carry out engineering design for projects.
5. Liaise with other discipline design engineers, project originator, project job coordinator, discipline engineers and other stake holders as the design coordinator during develop and execute phase of a project. Reviewing design and engineering packages from external contractors.
6. Offering guidance and support to external design contractors to facilitate achievement of fit-for-purpose Civil designs and compliance to applicable standards and specifications
7. Keep abreast of changes within the recognized international standards and regulatory bodies, Shell DEP etc as it affects engineering design within the civil discipline.