Development Initiatives Network
January 2003 - December 2011 (9 years 1 month)
Responsibilities include implementation of research, training and other community-based projects under DIN’s focal programming area. This covers:
- Coordination of all financial, personnel and administrative activities of the organization.
- Recruitment and staffing
- Capacity-building, Policy advocacy and development, networking with national and international development partners and NGOs
- Support programme staff in providing strategic leadership as team leader.
- Develop research, education, and training activities in development related issues
- Presenting a positive profile for DIN through effective communication with the government sector, non-governmental organisation, and local communities
- Provides advice and assistance on budgetary, financial and fund management issues and donor related issues to the Board Management.
- Develops standard operating procedures for all administrative processes in partnership with all stakeholders.
- Logistics planning and events management at all DIN events like seminars and workshops.
- Coordination of the knowledge management process and staff capacity development
- Building of strategic partnerships with donors, stakeholders and key government functionaries
- Strategic Planning
- Provide support to and be directly involved in the programmes’s capacity building efforts
- Project management and implementation
- Budgeting and Expense Control
Main achievements include the following:
- Developed DIN’s personnel handbook
- Introduced the use of staff Skills Audit & Competency Analysis procedure
- Liaised with Vendors and negotiated the purchase of DIN’s permanent office space in 2009
- Introduced staff skills audit and analysis procedure at DIN in 2011
- Developed DIN’s new organogram in 2010
- Facilitated and developed materials for DIN’s strategic planning sessions for 2008 and 2010