MAY 2011 TO DATE: DIAMOND BANK PLC
Team Lead Media & External Relations
- Key team member in the conceptualisation, development, application and dissemination of the new Diamond Bank identity which was launched in November 2012.
- Revolutionized Digital Marketing in Diamond Bank using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, and YouTube). Grew the Diamond Bank fans from 0 – 14,000 with limited funds and maximum fan engagement.
- Carried out a second growth campaign on facebook and grew fans from 33,000 to 54,000 in 7 days.
- Maximised visibility for the Diamond brand through google adwords and google SEO with over 200,000 impressions in the first week of the campaign online
- Created CSR policy and strategy for the bank.
- Google analytics to monitor traffic to the Diamond Bank website, Google ad words and Yahoo advertising for online advertising for the Bank
- Supervised the execution of Diamond Bank’s 20th anniversary celebrations adjudged the best event organised by the bank.
- Initiated print media monitoring for the Bank and bench marked against competition.
- Executed the SavingsXtra Season campaign growing product balance from N66bn to N77bn.
- Supervised the launch of Diamond Privilege, a wealth account
Oct 2010 – May 2011: DIAMOND BANK PLC
Role: Communications & Media Officer, Corporate Communications
- Maintain and manage relationships with media executives
- Prepare press events and issue press statements for company
- Monitor all media channels, especially press, to ensure Bank receives favorable media coverage
- Image management and publicity generation
- Monitor & assist in day-to-day operations of the Media & Communications department.
- Preparation of press cutting and media analysis for Executive Management
- Web content management
- Event management & Promotions
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, YouTube) administrator.
FEB 09 - Oct 10: DIAMOND BANK PLC
Role: Brands Officer -Brands and Advertising, Corporate Communications Group.
- Develop & execute brand marketing plans/strategies for Diamond Bank corporate brand, products and subsidiaries
- Brand visual identity management
- Initiate & implement brand enhancement projects
- Conceptualize ideas for corporate and retail brand promotions, following through the promotion briefing, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation
- Responsible for managing the entire Corporate Communications budget
- Monitor competitors activities
- Work closely with advertising, PR, events, media & BTL agencies to perfect and implement all brands marketing plans
- Management of all alternative communication channels
- Website content management
- Management of corporate intranet (Microsoft SharePoint)
- Supervised the production of 3 world class TV commercials for Diamond Bank
- Supervised the marketing communication of Diamond SavingsXtra Campaign from 2009 to 2011, growing the product balance from N31bn in 2009 to N66bn as at April 2011.
- Supervised the communication campaign launch of several retail products like DiamondXclusive, Diamond Private Banking, Diamond BusinessXpress, and Diamond Kiddies etc.
- Helped Diamond Bank save as much as N150m annually on advertising cost with the efficient running of an in-house advertising agency which handles both ideas conception, copywriting and creative design of all retail and corporate brands
- Coordinated the production of all corporate function materials including annual reports 2008, 2009 and 2010
- Coordinated the revamp of Diamond Bank’s website in 2009
- Conceived of and execute the development of social media platforms for Diamond Bank as channels for customer engagement
AUG 15/07- FEB 10/09: DIAMOND BANK PLC
Role: Event Management, Corporate Communications
- Project coordinator for corporate exhibition at all banks event
- Coordination of several projects spanning, cultural, sporting, business, trade, product launch, entertainment, corporate social responsibility, project planning, implementation and execution activities across Nigeria.
- Procurement of Corporate and gift items, Diaries from Charles Letts and others locally and internationally
- Liaise and manage relationships with various service providers both internally and externally.
- Perform a variety of administrative functions, including data management and correspondence.
- Maintain equipment and materials used for events & sponsorships, carry out miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate board retreats, quarterly business review meetings, procure venue, make bookings, and ensure hospitable conditions and general protocol.
- Proposition papers on banks activities ranging from CSR events, sponsorship (recommendations and declines) and reports.
- Created and supervised automation of event request and event capture platform
- Develop a process for capturing all event and exhibition opportunities across the company markets and maintain up-to-date information to support planning. Assessment and cost/benefit analysis of event opportunities.
- Develop company group events and exhibition plan in line with the broader marketing communications strategy for trade exhibitions and events, customer/key stakeholder visits and bespoke events, conferences, sponsorships, seminars and dinners.