1. Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves Level One problems for users of the mainframe, personal
computer software and hardware, District network, the Internet and new computer technology in a
call centre environment; communicates solutions to end-users.
2. Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone for District approved Personal
Computer (PC) software.
3. Delivers, tags, set up, and assist in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software
4. Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and
mainframe, e-mail, Internet, dial-in and local-area network access problems.
5. Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance
6. Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not
covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
7. Helps install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards,
hubs and switches.