DHL Supply chain is involved in provision of third party logistics (3PL) to a number of multinationals. The Control Tower provides the business and strategic partners with a real-time comprehensive view of what’s happening in the system and then proffer flexible, scalable solutions to these challenges and also put in place innumerable strategic programs to fit the specific needs of the business.
ACHIEVEMENT: Recently proposed the implementation of a Drop and Hook system for Unilever contract shuttle trips as against the obtainable Live Loading system being implemented. Objective being to increase truck utilisation and revenue.
·Gathering business intelligence across numerous contracts; which entails providing real time actionable and goal oriented information for prompt decision making regarding fleet logistics
·Gathering information on fleet operations such as fuel utilisation, truck capacity utilisation, driver profile management, daily total mileage and tonnage and all other data pertaining to daily fleet operations.
·Coordinating daily operations with planners, loaders and drivers to ensure prompt and smooth deliveries at all times.
·Compiling all complaints from customer regarding issues such as damaged goods, driver misbehaviour and communicating same to concerned staff for prompt action.
·Ensuring integrity of goods in transit till it arrives at defined destination
·Transport and route planning, by reconciling truck availability, order availability and expected trucks.
·Briefing (pre- trip) and de-briefing (post trip) for all drivers to ensure strict adherence to route guide and pushing safety consciousness.
·Driving truck utilisation by liaising with Customer care reps/managers of the organisations we service to ensure smooth operations and quick offload of cargo.
·Monitor Turn - around times within agreed limits and flagging exceptions as required
·Telematics tracking solutions to monitor truck movement electronically via MS Track Pro software and “manually” with phone calls
· Stock control and inventorying of goods sometimes in excess of 1M USD to avoid shortage and pilfering
· Stock requirement planning (SRP) on a bi – monthly basis
· Taking responsibility for the branch as both cost and profit centres and management of daily operations for the entire branch.
· Procurement function for all required electrical spares, diesel, mechanical spares and office supplies
· Maintenance of customer and supplier database
· Regular customer visits in order to have a feel of current market conditions
· Management of outsourced 3PL transport resources for northern zone branches (Jos, Kaduna and Kano) to ensure speedy receipt of stocks (Ex-Wharf, Ex-Private facility etc.) to our locations
· Compiling reports such as sales rolling plan, Market Segmentation assessment for stock liquidation, Sales projections, Stock reconciliation, opening and closing stock evaluation at required intervals
· Commodity price increase/decrease impact analyses vis-a-vis competition, buyers and end users
· Making request for replenishment stocks while taking in to consideration stock in hand, expected stocks and projected sales
· Customer relations management: formulating strategies for acquisition, retention and management
· Compiling reports such as sales rolling plan, Market Segmentation assessment for stock liquidation, Sales projections over next 12 weeks, Stock reconciliations, opening and closing stock evaluation at required intervals
· Coordinating activities for all third party transport providers to ensure prompt receipt of stocks
· Requesting and receiving quotes from suppliers on behalf of branch manager
· Daily Progress reports by importing data from SAP to MS Excel
· Price increase/decrease impact analyses vis a vis competition, buyers and end users
· Regular customer outlet visits/interaction to foster good relations and boost sales
· Creation of Transaction documents on SAP for customers and signing off on same for release of stocks from the cold room.
· Determining market segmentation indices for top level management to make accurate decisions
· MS- Navision Dynamics ERP utilisation for reports
· Tracking the entire fleet of 250 trucks via Geotab Checkmate software serviced by Halogen technology
· Monitoring order fulfilment for every truck deployed through establishment of arrival at destination
Capturing key performance metrics such as time delayed at customer site, turnaround time, customer response time etc for analysis and advising management as appropriate
·Overseeing the daily programming and loading of trucks with petroleum products (PMS) across 2 depots at NNPC Ejigbo (Lagos state) and Mosimi (Ogun State)
·Loading products Ex-3rd party depot installations (Lister, NIPCO, JV etc)
·Occasional weekend relief of Logistics coordinator staff in charge of ATK (Aviation Turbine Kerosene) loading operations.
·Relationship management with fuel station managers to ensure speedy discharge of truck.
·Enforcement of preventive maintenance schedules, and drivers’ attendance at safety and drivers admin. briefings
·Preparation of truck movement reports on a daily basis
·Reconciliation and allocation of diesel to trucks based on company’s approved route guide and diesel disbursement guidelines
·Retrieval of waybills from customer and submission of same to credit control for claims.
·Occasionally procuring diesel for trucks with liquid cash floats of upwards of NGN1.5M from service stations when the in house dump runs empty
EXECUTIVE COURSES/SEMINARS ATTENDED
TITLE OF COURSE
Logistics & Transport Management
University of Ghana Business School (CMRPD)
Certificate of Participation