I am currently working as a Solution Architect in NPOC team (Network performance and optimization centre), In this role I typically act as a network consultant across different technological domains analyzing statistics and providing deep analysis regarding network performance and behaviors. I became a key person in my team having solid technical background and acting as a typical team leader managing the current team members, following up the whole team delivery and providing support and coaching. I am also responsible for creating/building awareness for new technologies like IMS and different core domains like Packet switching for the whole team.
I am also responsible for understanding the customer needs, concerns and vision which further helps me to identify new features (leading to new add on sales opportunities).
I am extensively specialized in conflict handling and working with cross functional teams, preparing and optimizing internal governing processes, setting internal and external SLAs across different teams and different customer interfaces.
1) Over all performance of mobile networks by keeping the KPIs within the contracted values (SLAs) and continuously providing audit/optimization activities for enhancing network performance (Location update, Authentication, Ciphering, Paging, Call setup success rate, Call setup time, Assignment success rate, Codec negotiations, Inter/Intra Hand-Over success rate ,NB initialization SR, RTP packet loss,…. ).
2) Introduction of any new features/nodes in the live network by preparing the Low Level Design and performing configuration audits before and after introduction of new nodes/features also performing in depth studies showing the advantages and possible effects in the mobile network by calculating the changes in traffic profile focusing on end user experience (during and after cutover) and core nodes capacity.
New nodes/Major upgrades
3) Preparing the SCCP plan for mobile networks taking into consideration the HW and geographical redundancy.
4) Memory dimensioning and optimization in core nodes (MSCS, STPs and HLRs)
5) Capacity studies to highlight possible congestion (for required promotions or events by calculating the current and expected traffic profile for the mobile network)
6) Dimensioning the access routes/resources according to forecasted traffic
7) SigTran balancing on all IP interfaces.
8) Building Solid technical information for the IMS system and Packet Switching nodes for my team.
9) High Level Design for packet switching network (SGSN and GGSN)
10) High Level Design for EPC/EPS networks (SAE/MME)
I was mainly responsible for the installation, configuration and integration of all the core-switching nodes in the mobile networks (GSM and UMTS). My ultimate target was to successfully deliver the nodes to our customers after making the proper acceptance tests and configuration for each node so we were strongly exposed to SS7, SigTran networks (over TDM, ATM and IP) and to all the protocols used in the Mobile networks (MAP,IPBCP,BICC,…).
Our nodes are based on two main platforms (AXE and CPP).
Launching Etisalat Mobile Network
Our team successfully launched the first mobile network based on the 3G technology in Egypt in 05/2007, which was a great achievement for Ericsson Egypt to accomplish such a great project.
Introducing the 3G technology in Vodafone Egypt and launching it successfully in 05/2007. Starting from 04/2007 our team is participating in a huge expansion plane with Vodafone to increase its capacity by introducing new nodes (MSCS, BSC, MGW and RNC), swapping the old nodes and making some upgrades (migrating from TDM to ATM and finally to IP) to increase the capacity of the mobile network.
Introducing the MSC in pool feature in both Etisalat and Vodafone.
The MSC in pool feature allows the BSCs to distribute the mobile subscribers according to specific ratios to distribute the load on all MSCS and hence better network performance and better handling for network outage.
Mobile Number Portability.
Introducing the Mobile Number Portability in Telecom Egypt (Landline operator), I participated in the solution design and I was also responsible for the configuration of INAP protocol in Ericsson GWs and the whole integration process between Telecom Egypt and the mobile operators.
Working in Etisalat phase 3 and 4 expansions.
These two phases included adding new MSCSs in the pool area, new HLRs, new STPs and new BSC/TRCs.
Working as a Support engineer in MTN and Zain in Sudan.
I have performed BSC migration from Alcatel core to Ericsson core changing the configuration on the MGWs and MSCSs, I have also performed software upgrades for APGs and APZs.
I was responsible for the upgrade of Etisalat Core network from R12.1 to R13.0. I attended the verification process in Croatia and then I carried out the testing and implementation process in Etisalat.
Core Signaling in WCDMA
ENGINE Integration and Verification
MGW/WCDMA Operation and Configuration
HLR operation and configuration.
WCDMA Data Transcript.