PAUL USORO AND Co, Lagos, Nigeria
August 2008 - July 2009 (11 months)
Trainee Associate (National Youth Service) August 2008-July 2009
- Prepared due diligence reports. Drafted resolutions and minutes.
- Prepared incorporation documents for companies. Assisted in proceedings for winding up of companies and enforcing minority shareholder rights.
- Attended joint venture board meetings, and advised companies on appointment of non-executive directors and auditors, remuneration of company directors and officers and corporate social responsibility.
- Drafted ship financing documents and registered vessels at the ship registry. Reviewed documentation to ensure that clients had a complete record of documents required for registration at the ship registry.
- Conducted research and advised clients on regional regulatory matters.
- Organised a workshop to sensitize the Council for Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria