Report to CEO on all sales and marketing issues
1. Advise the board on marketing strategies to achieve market growth and profitability
2. Initiate new product developments and work with management team to implement agreed plans.
3. Supervise field sales management activities in the regions
4. Set out marketing and sales policies to drive business goals.
5. Prepare and present for board approval annual marketing communication budget and ensure effective deployment of resources to achieve defined objectives.
6. Appoint Advertising and Market Research Agencies and present for board approval.
7. Constitute marketing research projects, Review reports and present key findings to the board for discussion and decision. Follow up on management decisions and apply findings to resolve brands issues.
8. Design and advise Management on appropriate promotion strategies to increase sales volume, numeric distribution and market share, and contend competition.
9. Assess and appoint key distributors in all market locations.
10. Advise the business on effective market structure and field personnel required to meet national coverage.
1. Review business processes and procedures in all business units and recommend appropriate controls to enhance effectiveness of field operation.
2. Carry out regular review of field implementation of national and regional promotional activities to determine compliance with plan, execution, and accuracy of reports and effectiveness of promotion. Make appropriate recommendations to management to enhance value.
3. Periodically review company trade assets to determine optimization of asset utilization, functionality and compliance to deployment criteria; identify deviation from standard and recommend areas of improvement to enhance effectiveness.
4. Quarterly validate accuracy of national retail audit measurement (CRAM) as submitted by Independent Agency; report anomalies and recommend improvement in methods and structure of research that will ensure integrity and quality of report for decision making.
5. Ensure that Business Managers and Field Staff comply with established company policies and procedures. Report non- compliance and recommend appropriate controls to check abuses.
6. Periodically review the activities of Company’s Third Party Promoters and Event Managers based on key parameters. Make appropriate recommendations to management to enhance effectiveness of the scheme.
1. Report to Sales Director on all field sales operational matters.
2. Develop/review systems, process & procedures
3. Develop sales operating controls and ensure compliance by the field
4. Contribute to sales strategy development
5. Ensure the resources are effectively deployed in line with strategy.
6. Establish key parameters for performance measurement of sales managers and Executives.
7. Manage Sales evaluation team
8. Responsible for divisional internal planning and controls.