Customer Support Enigeer
March 2008 - Present Day (9 years 2 months)
Experience with a fixed & data line Telecom operator; Experience in 3G transmission and MDNS planning
- Good working Knowledge in the area of Transmission planning and Implementation, Commissioning, Operations and Maintenance.
- Basic Datacoms Knowledge.
- Ability to do logical and structured troubleshooting under all conditions
- Good Experience in a Pre-WIMAX/WIMAX platform
- Integrate network communication architectures, topologies, hardware, and protocols into existing MTN network for Enterprise Solutions clients.
- Provide 2nd line Support at MDNS customer end on various TX media (Microwave, fiber, copper, Wimax), MUX (DXX), MDF, Cabinets, modem and CPE issues; including VSAT.
- Act as Regional point of contact for MTN Enterprise Solution Planning, Implementation and support teams; providing accurate end to end analysis; working with MTN HQ support teams.
- Perform Implementation and support of FWA network integration of Customer Edge devices to the FWA Pre WIMAX and the imminent WIMAX network
- Ensure MDNS work (Planning, Implementation, Operations) is carried out as needed and scheduled. React to emergency faults and ensure that all faults are rectified promptly within contracted SLA; including VSAT
- Prepare and compile operations report on the MDNS network in light of the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Carry out routine maintenance, ensuring the integrity of MTN Nigeria’s assets
- Ensure Implementation and maintenance work undertaken by MDNS/fixed network contractors meets MTN Nigeria’s specification
- Ensure that all planned network expansions take place on schedule, Transmission, MDF work to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform high level support functions on all MTN MDNS transmission equipment at MTN Sites, Switching Centers, RDLU’s and Customer premises
- Administer accurate data within the current Engineering Database, i.e. accurate tracking of job orders placed with vendors and any changes thereof, co-ordination of the acceptance testing of all delivered links and related equipment: including Microwave, fiber and copper.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records and configuration database of all transmission links, fixed & data lines and spares for MDNS/leased line customers
- Ensure all security and network integrity documentation is completed and adhered