NATIONAL PROCUREMENT/SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER
SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
May 2010 - Present Day (7 years 3 months)
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of the entire Save the Children facilities including physical building structures, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Regularly assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure
- Assign and verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of Save the Children facilities and equipment and ensure quality of work
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure that appropriate contract documentation are prepared i.e. architectural & structural designs, mechanical and electrical drawings and corresponding bills of quantities
- Co-ordinate external consultants, contractors and relevant departmental heads to ensure timely and effective delivery of projects
- Prepare annual Budget and procurement plan for presentation to the SMT
- Prepare prudent and cost effective proposals for maintaining office systems and equipments
- Coordinating efficient freight clearing, warehousing, local purchases and managing supplies to other SCUK field offices.
- Reception of International supplies
- Logistics administrative issues
- Follow-up of all international and regional freight / Clearing and forwarding
- Responsible for all local purchase at the Capital
- Contracting with transportation companies to ship goods to the field projects
- Follow-ups for the reception of items in the field
- Stay current in all local orders from the field
- Coordinate and supervise all procurement activities
- Liaise with agencies in Nigeria i.e. NAFDAC and Customs for duty waiver on all Importations, e.g. Drugs, Medical Equipment and nutritional supplements etc.
- Ensure proper tracking of all goods and services that was procured as well as the procurement in process
- Prepare Monthly procurement overview and tracker and share with departmental line managers as well as the country director (CD)
- Ensure that Purchase are made in the best interests of the donor guideline/policies of Save the Children SCI Nigeria