Senior Document Controller
Shell Petroluem Development Company of Nigeria Limited
February 1997 - May 2006 (9 years 3 months )
- Responsible to coordinate documentation with Project Management Team (PMT) and EPIC Contractor in order to ensure all project technical and non technical documents are kept in the right place for easy access to authorized personnel.
- To develop, updates and maintain the MDR of the overall project documentations associated with the whole duration of the project.
- Coordinate between the EPC Contractors, the Project Team and Operations organisation to develop and deliver in a timely manner the documentation required to support, operations planning, start-up preparations, and the ultimate operations phase.
- Coordinate transfer of Document For Operations, Early Deliverable and Final Deliverable information packages to Operations in line with the agreed milestone delivery dates.
- Identify and advise the Project Management Team any issues that could potentially impact final documentation quality, cost or schedule.
- Receive and distribute project documents among the Project Management Team; and submitting documents to appropriate project engineers for review / comments / approval.
- Ensure all transmitted (outgoing/incoming) project related documents carry the right transmittal number.
- Ensure all outgoing / incoming project technical documents are well checked and log into the Electronic Documentation Management System (EDMS) for easy tracking and future references.
- Establish and maintain project filing index system for technical engineering documents; e.g. drawings, procedures and specifications, method statements, technical queries, operations and maintenance manuals, training manuals, manufacturing data books, plant certification packages, periodic reports, variation orders, letters, memos, faxes and others.
- Perform regular audit on project technical documents in order to ensure that all documents are properly submitted to responsible project engineers for review / comments / approval.
- Ensure revision control is accurately maintained for project technical documentation.
- Provide support to all team members on the daily use of the electronic data management system (EDMS).
- Works with EPIC Contractor Document Controllers and VENDORS to ensure in all sites where there is Project Management Team (PMT), the document control process is being managed and operated in accordance with Project Procedures.
- Adhere to Quality Standard Policies relating to ISO 9001: 2000, Health and Safety, and Quality Management.
- Prepare project DCC weekly report.