1) Report all Official Assignment to the lead Document Controller.
2) Ensure that all design/construction drawings, specifications, work methods and any vendor document(installation and maintenance manuals/ operation manuals, installation procedures etc) are effectively managed and controlled according to COMPANY policies and procedures (electronic and hardcopy format) with respect to handling, registration, extraction, numbering, revision control, distribution, archiving, retention to handover.
3) Maintain and update inventory checks against Master Technical, RFI/TQ and all the Document Delivery Register and the Correspondence Register.
4) Follow up of all outstanding drawings, specifications, work methods and other vendor documents/drawings.
5) Manage all review and store technical documents and drawings within the eROOM Technical and Non Technical folders.
6) Operate COMPANY Electronic Database management system that capture drawings, specifications, vendor documents and procedures.
7) Ensure that Technical Document Control policies and procedures are implemented as developed by the Lead Document Controller/supervisor.
8) Stewards the information for operations deliverable during construction to eventual handover to operations (Early and Final Deliverable Package).
9) Provides a direct input to the Lead Document Controller on efficiency of day to dayoperations and suggest improvement thereto.
10) Draw up the distribution matrix for the project team with contributions from project team lead.
11) Management of Records and archive.
12) Ensure all document control procedures are followed.
13) Do a monthly report of document status.
14) Ensure all document control applications are running at all times.
15) Manage the Live Link team workspace.
16) Allot document numberin line with the numbering procedure to all internally generated documents.
17) Quality checkthese documents for standards.
18) Upload documents via Eiffel PRODOM
19) Control all access rights to the Projet workspace.
20) Offer expert advice on all information management activitiesin the project.
21) Maintain the Project Live Link workspace.
. Routine Project Document & Correspondence Management: (Daily/Ad-Hoc)
· Distribute all deliverable (Design & Supplier) documents to reviewers for review within 24hrs of receipt of notification from contractor.
· Support the rest of the team and propose alternative courses of action, wherever possible, to facilitate efficient project progress. Participate in regular meetings to keep abreast with all issues relating to the company’s project. Discuss and reviews opportunities for the optimization of assigned work programmes.
· Distribute all Correspondence to reviewers for review within 24hrs of receipt of notification from contractor.
· Comments on deliverable (Design & Supplier) Documents are extracted and transmitted to the contractor within 24hrs of readiness and send email notification
· Perform Quality Checks on the following
· All incoming and outgoing Deliverables and Correspondence
· Contractor Monthly review of the Document Deliverable Register
· Provide general document management activities (printing, scanning, document search etc) to support project team members
· Vendor Documentation Management
· Set-up Audio / videoconference and Net meetings for team members
· Check technical documents to ensure suitability and that they are in-line with specifications (format, revision status, numbering, signatures etc)
· Implementation and updating of the document database and document register
· Maintain Controlled document distribution matrix.
· Providing training and support to team members (Engineers) on document control tools such as live link & Assai.
· Check and verify that document meta-data are in accordance with Document Control procedure
· Ensure safekeeping and maintenance of technical records and master documents (hard copies) stored in technical Services Library. Control the flow of technical library documents and file in a systematic order for easy retrieval using database-logging registration in PRODOM.
· Ensure the Safety, Security and Confidentiality of the documents in the Archives locations
· Establish interface and controls with other subcontractor with regard to the retrieval of documentation.
· Establish and manage all interfaces between document management and the project
· Liaising with Contractor’s Document Controller to ensure no loss of Document in transit.
. Responsible for the technical document routing follow up until handover to Asset team.
. Actively support and adhere to the HSSE policy.
. Monitor team performance and implement lessons learned.
COMPANY PWO/OOP Engineering Limited, V/I Lagos (NYSC)
DATE Jan 2012 to Nov 2012
POSITION Project Secretary/ Document Controller
PROJECT Total E and P EPCC4, Ofon 2 Offshore Living Quarters Project
. Draw up the distribution matrix for the management team with contributions from departmental heads.
. Management of records and archive.
. Ensure all document control procedures are followed.
. Do a monthly report of document status.
. Ensure all document control applications are running at all times.
. Manage the Live Link workspace.
·Make Available the applicable documentation to the project team. (Including client & Sub-contractors) with reference to distribution matrix
·Receiving and handling correspondence on behalf of the Project Manager.
· Maintaining comprehensive/accurate filing system.
· Preparing letters, memoranda and reports as requested.
· Attending to visitors and taking messages as appropriate.
· Performing other duties as assigned by PM.
·Professional Business Letter Write up.
· Co-ordinate Expatriates travel in conjunction with in-house travel Agents
·Receive and reply all e-mails address to the PM.\
· Be responsible for the technical document routing follow-up until handover to client
·Collate final documentation and prepare invoices for final submission to Client
·Comply with the company’s policies and procedures in all areas impacting the business, including, HSE, operational, commercial, financial, administrative and HR practices. Demonstrates zero tolerance to divergence. Highlights and request correction, where necessary.
Handle confidential documents strictly observing necessary controls/access restrictions.
Conduct myself in a QHSE responsible manner at all times and follow the company’s QHSE policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Report all incidents or near miss to the supervisor or to the QHSE department as the case may be.
· Participates in the company’s QHSE promotional programs.
· Conduct all work activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner by not taking on any task that is perceived as unsafe.
· Perform Technical Assistant duties as and when assigned by the supervisor.