The successful candidate will be required to:
- Maintain a reliable electrical supply on site with minimal power outages
- Ensure maximum plant availability/ uptime
- Establish service agreements with suppliers to improve reliability and minimize downtime.
- Establish and carry out maintenance schedules to minimize impact i.e. during low demand periods
- Review critical spares holding
- Review and redefine the control philosophy using both manual and automatic systems to match supply with demand.
- Develop communication/control system for pick up and drop off of large plant loads.
- Effective communication with the site operating units (OU’s) to manage load demand
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of site load profile so as to more closely match the generating capacity to the demand.
- Develop a strategy for standby options in the event of unplanned breakdowns and loss of gas.
The Right candidate must ;
- Have a knowledge of gas and diesel generation sets in stand alone (island) operation
- Have electromechanical qualifications
- Have a Knowledge of power demand and distribution