Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the IT Manager; responsible for all computer, telephony, access control and power systems facilities in Port Harcourt Regional and Enugu Branch Dstv Offices, as well as several other franchise offices in remote locations across the south-south and south-east states.
Assume overall financial accountability for the IT department under the region. Also, provide high-level technical support to over 100 end users across the south-south/south-east regions of Nigeria.
Successfully implemented several IT projects; provide the technology knowledge and vision to support the company’s business objectives, and evaluate and recommend all software for business processes.
LAN and WAN
Technical Services and Support
Desktop and Applications Services
Summary of Responsibilities
Reported to the Technical Director; responsible for all electrical engineering design, review, modifications, construction, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs for all of the organization’s clients; managed all electrical systems facilities and effectively supervised several electrical construction and maintenance projects running simultaneously.
Assumed overall financial accountability for the technical department on all projects; and provided high-level engineering support to all clients. Managed projects worth over N20 million.
Successfully carried out several electrical construction and maintenance projects; designed and reviewed project drawings, and made modifications where necessary and prepared as-built documentation; provided the required engineering knowledge to drive and support the company’s vision and objectives.
Earthing & Lightning Protection Systems Maintenance Client: SPDC, Port Harcourt.
· Conducted technical inspection audit and carried out resistance tests on all earthing/lightning protection facilities in SPDC IA Port Harcourt.Collated and provided inspection and test reports to the Technical Director and Client Rep.
· Prepared Job Hazard Analysis worksheet, conducted daily tool box talk for site workers; attended HSE workshop sessions with client’s representatives and ensured site workers strict adherence to HSE policies to provide for safe work environment.
· Raised applicable work permits before carrying out any task in line with site requirements; ensured work sites were kept safe, clean and tidy.
· Conducted project pre-mobilization checks on equipment, tools and personnel; maintained proper inventory, management and coordination of tools/equipment; supervised personnel and equipment deployment.
· Handled all project paperwork; ensured they were completed and signed off by client representative at the end of each scheduled task.
· Implemented the drilling and sinking of 120-feet deep well earthing systems and standardized the facilities by linking them to other earth units to provide for fail-over functionality.
Upgrade of Electricity Facilities in Rumuomasi Community, Port Harcourt.
· Carried out detailed site survey and inspections prior to project execution; worked with consulting partners to review electrical drawings, and conducted market survey to source project materials by contacting accredited vendors.
· Coordinated and supervised the installation of a 500KVA, 11/0.415KV transformer, 800A feeder pillar, including stringing/re-tensioning of HV and LV Aluminum conductor lines, cabling, and hook-up.
· Managed project budget, material procurement and coordination to ensure judicious utilization as well as personnel assignments, supervision and project progress reporting.
Design and Construction of Electrical Installations
· Designed and implemented a number of electrical installations, including cabling, installing and wiring power distribution boards/panels, control/gear switches, light and power points, hook-ups and testing, properly labeled the systems for easy identification, troubleshooting and isolation.
· Read, reviewed and interpreted electrical installation diagrams and proposed modifications where necessary, developed bill of quantities from project drawings and supervised the implementation.
· Designed and implemented the installation of inverter and UPS units, and connected clients’ critical load to them in line with clients’ requirements and technical advice, as well as provided after installation support to them on technical issues.
· Liaised with vendors for material supply to meet project specifications and standards. Handled all paperwork including contract tender/bid documents preparation.
· Conducted detailed engineering and integrity checks on electrical installations at Greenville residential estate Port Harcourt, and standardized the estate’s electrical facilities by proposing and implementing modifications in line with contract scope and best practice.