NUBIAN NIGERIA LIMITED
November 2010 - Present Day (6 years 4 months)
EMPLOYER: NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY, POLLUTION CONTROL DEPARTMENT.
JOB TITLE: ATTACHE’
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Participating in all vessels inspections to ensure compliance to Marine Pollution (MARPOL 73/79) regulations.
-Surveillance operations in and around the jetties.
-keeping records of all operations in the pollution control department.
EMPLOYER: NUBIAN WASTE MANAGEMENT NIGERIA LTD (TREATMENT OF DRILL CUTTINGS).
JOB TITLE: SAFETY OFFICER/ FIELD SUPERVISOR/JOURNEY MANAGER.
PERIOD: 2010 TILL DATE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily drawing of work plan and subsequent supervision of work at site.
- Supervising store keeping and receiving of all procured materials in the site
- Preparing and receiving of waste manifest for empty and mud-filled skips.
- Continual improvement to prevent pollution and reduce environmental impacts from operational activities through environmental best practice and best available techniques
- Complying with all environmental legislation, regulations, standards and guidelines pertinent to services and activities in order to prevent and where necessary control pollution
- Setting and regularly reviewing environmental objectives and targets
- Documenting, implementing and maintaining an environmental management system to meet the requirements of the environmental standard BS EN ISO 14001:2004
- Recording and monitoring of numbers and movement of skips in on-shore operations.
- Supervising the evacuation of drill cuttings from barges at NPDC/SIPEC harbor and taking care of logistics.
- Editing and submission of company’s invoices to the clients.
- Training and supervising new employees on preparation of waybills and documents control
- Conducting HSE meetings/drills and ensuring strict compliance by all workers at the site.
- Conducting inductions for Visitors and new employee.
- Preparing and auditing of all HSE reports.
- Field supervisor of the waste management operation at Ibigwe-2 onshore location.
- Planning ,execution and closing out of safe journey management plans