Role involves the erection of poles, power transmission towers, installation works and maintenance of equipment. It also involves the detailed engineering, procurement and construction of 33/11KV injection and 11/.415KV substations for the National Independent Power Project(NIPP) sites including construction of water boreholes for all sites Operation and maintenance of 30 power generating sets for the Warri streetlight project. Responsibilities include:
· Carry out quality control activities to verify the quality of the erection/ installation and ensure all civil/structural construction operations are in compliance with project specifications. Implement the quality control intervention points on the inspection and test plans.
· Inspection of material to be installed based on material installation procedure (Poles, transformers, gantries, cables, bolts, steel fabrications, tanks, PVC pipes, pumps, nuts and washers etc.
· Plan and implement preventive maintenance schedules, regular inspection and checkups to improve machine reliability and life, reduce downtime.
· Preparation of workshop annual budget and operational reports, daily maintenance and expenses report, updating weekly/monthly reports, analysis of lubricants.
· Based on consumption patterns procure and maintain adequate stock of spares, consumables, monitor and control inventory.
· Interact with workshop technicians, suppliers, management to streamline commissioning, preventive and breakdown maintenance activities with well defined service standards, programme and schedules.