1. Maintenance of power supply system of the entire Abuja network, such as the installation and maintenance of generators from 10 – 350KVA, power backup systems – rectifiers and backup batteries, Ups of about 60KVA.
2. Rigging activities for the installation and maintenance of micro wave/transceiving antennas.
3. Interconnectivity duties: - installation of SDH/SONET equipments (RAD) and others for interconnection activities between Visafone and other operators.
4. Termination of all E1’s for cell site usage (BTS) via the (BSC) to plug in new sites into the network here in Abuja and other cities within the Abuja switch operational coverage.
5. Networking exercises for internet connectivity excluding software programming.
6. Maintain a comprehensive record of all transmission links, BTS sites and power equipments.
7. Liaise with diesel contractors to ensure on-scheduled supply of diesel to sites within purview.
8. Ensure maintenance work undertaken by contractors meets visafone specification
. Supervision of the entire technician workforce.
2. Maintenance of company’s technical infrastructures.
3. Provide support to Engineering department in different areas, such as rigging activities for Installation/Maintenance of Micro Wave Systems, Transceiving Antennas, Rectifiers, Stabilizers, DC Power Back-up Systems and Monitoring of BTS for any abnormalities.
4. Provide support to I.T. (Information Technology) Department in the Maintenance/Installation and repair of UPS, Stabilizers and Networking Exercises.
5. Provide Support to Admin Department in Installation/Maintenance of facilities such as Generators, Air conditioners and Electrical Wiring/Fault rectification at the existing Sites.
6. Provide Support to Customer care Department in programming of fixed wireless terminals, Antenna Installation/Maintenance and repair of wireless Terminals both fixed and mobile units as well as carry out field test on RSSI (Receive Signal Strength Indication).
7. Liaise with contractors for major work on asset; equally provide support for cell site development and completion.
8. Periodic/Regular Visit to Cell Sites for maintenance purpose.
Technology Deployed, CDMA 2000 1X.