• Entering and updating tax payers’ data gathered from several sources to produce reports and statistics.
• Analyzing & management of several taxpayers’ data bases such as UK National PAYE Stem (NPS); Employers Compliance Service (P11D); E-File store (P14); to ensure the use of accurate data in deciding customer’s tax due.• Preparing and issuing letters to clients regarding their tax underpayments or refunds. • Working in a team of fifteen staff to handle customer’s tax complaint and provide personal tax advice to clients. • Reviewing tax payers’ records to ensure customers are on the right tax code and are making the right tax payment. Achievements: Selected to represent the team at management meetings, stood in for the manager on his off days, recommended an improvement to the service delivery that was selected by management for further consideration, designed an MS Excel spread sheet based Business Intelligence solution (KPI Dashboard) suitable for use by team leaders for management information reporting.
• Processed and posted entries for the classification, capitalization and depreciation of fixed assets, maintaining register accurately and up-to-date
• Processed a range of customer transactions including issuing and liquidating bank drafts and carrying out international currency transfers.
• Batched, matched and coded invoices, entering data into purchase, sales and general ledgers, double checking to ensure accuracy, and reconciling monthly.
• Computed and reported financial performance to branch management, with full responsibility for all month end processes and procedures.
• Maintained branch accounts and ledgers, reconciling each month and reporting variances in order to prepare accurate financial forecasts.
• Prepared ad-hoc reports to management such as Trend Analyses of customer base, staff Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and identification of income streams.
• Assisted in credit decisions by analysing the financial statements of potential creditors, computing key financial ratios and cash flow analysis, and other financial models.
Manned the funds Transfer unit alone for a year and still delivered exceptional quality service, stood in for the head of operations whenever he was off duty, effectively controlled banking hall during period of large customer turnout ,introduced cost-cutting measures that helped improved the branch financial position
COMPUTER: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
SOFTWARE PACKAGES: EViews, SPSS, STATA
LANGUAGE: English,Hausa,Yoruba and a bit of French
OTHERS: Interpersonal and analytical skills, self-motivated, can-do spirit, excellent oral and communication skills, presentation skills, and a team player