Regional Controller(Eastern Region)
Heineken Group(Consolidated Breweries Limited)
February 2009 - January 2010 (1 year 1 month)
- Assisted Control Manager (in H/Q) with preparation, consolidation, and monitoring of capital and operating budget for the Eastern Brewery.
- Implemented and enforce budget discipline in the region through daily and monthly monitoring of costs.
- Implement and manage financial control, policies and procedure in the region in accordance to Heineken standard.
- Assisted Line Managers and the Brewery manager with cost analysis and information to aid business decisions.
- Analyse and effect all necessary correction on monthly management reports.
- Monthly variance analysis of the operation, discussion of deviations with respective H.O.Ds, recommended suggestions.
- Analyzed monthly budgets to actual accounting reports and distributed to internal management and Head office.
Prepared various control reports to monitor costs and instil discipline in budget compliance and implementation such as, Gross profit and Loss analysis showing contributions, Cost centre report, Logistic report, Extract losses overview and volume produced report, Opex and Capex report, Energy and Power expense report, Energy and Water expense report, Cost price equalization report, Repair and maintenance analysis report. etc.
- Monthly presentation of Variance analysis and operational reports to management.
- Reduction and continuous monitoring of Truck turn around time in the Brewery.
- Maintained extensive written and verbal communication with department heads during monthly control report preparation.
- Controlled fixed assets purchases according to departmental budgets.