Responsible forcoordinating the activities of the Finance and Administrative unit in order to provide financial and administrative assistance in financing business process and ensures proper accounting for project expenditures. Also responsible for reception, planning and scheduling, maintaining contracts and files and data analysis in a customer centric manner.
· Persons managed/supervised: direct (2 team members), remotely (8 Project Personnel).
Perform other related tasks, as required ,
Here I as the company’s Accountant where I apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures in order to achieve the company’s financial objectives.
· Successfully prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
· Successfully compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
· Actively establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
· Provided support to timely reconciliation of receivable and payable accounts.
· Actively involved in the monitoring and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
I served as a Resident Auditor covering three branches of the bank both in Kano and Jigawa State. Here, I monitored, reviewed with online cum physical verification and reported exceptions on relevant areas of the activities of the Branch Operations staff, Marketing personnel and other Branch Support staff.
· I was actively involved in some Train the Trainers forums when the bank was changing from one banking application software to the other (From Equinox to T-24 banking software).
I served as a Cluster Monitoring Officer covering three branches of the bank all in Kano State. Here, though operated a cluster arrangement, I supervised, reviewed branches transactions online and planned schedule visits to the branches with a view to report exceptions on relevant areas of the activities of the Branch Operations staff, Marketing personnel and other Branch Supports staff.
· Led the team on various occasions to investigate frauds and forgeries cases at some of the branches in the region.
· Led the reconciliation team to detect error and irregularities in some major and sensitive customers’ accounts at some branches at the region.
· Actively represented the bank at the court of law on litigation cases that ensued between the bank and its customers and bank and its fraudulent exited staff.
· I was actively involved in some Train the Trainers forums when the bank was preparing for International Standard Organization (ISO) Audit certification.
· I also achieved virtually all the task listed above since I functioned in a similar capacity in both offices.
· Participate actively in the preparation of Clients financial Statements.
· Actively involved in evaluation of internal control system and procedures for compliance.
· Successfully conducted various audit tests to the applicable audit areas of Clients businesses in order to ascertain extent of reliance to be client accounting and internal control system.
· I was involved in Credit Review, Stocktaking, Inventory control review and valuation review.
· I was also involved in reconciliation and confirmation of bank statements, investments and circularization of debtors.