Finance and Admin Associate
United Nation Developmet Programm/DGD Project
March 2011 - December 2011 (10 months)
- Maintain up to date database and detailed record and files of administrative operations, banks transactions, and record of actions
- Assist in developing business
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record, expenditure reconciliations and reports, balances, payment and other routine transactions.
- Provide logistical and technical support to the project implementation by facilitating hotel reservations for conference, meetings and workshops, preparation of missions for project staff.
- Provide support to the development activity monthly and quarterly work-plans.
- Custodian of office stationaries / inventories and supplies and issue them to staff on request with appropriate approval.
- Coordinate and manage all administrative services for events and workshops including arranging venue, travel and hotel reservations
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of projects finance and activities and carrying out variance analysis on budget and actual expenditures.
- Sorts documents and posts debits/credits to proper account, balances entries and makes necessary corrections
- Ensure timely preparation of internal requisition, internal payment vouchers for expenses, cash advance, security clearance and travel authorization etc.
- Processing of payment vouchers and journal voucher with complete supporting documents in line with the policy.
- Review and verify financial transactions/activities/documentation for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness and ensure full compliance of financial services and transactions with UNDP rules, regulations and policies.
- Maintain and update on a timely basis the contract tracking sheet and filing system of contracts both in hard-copies and electronic files (share-point).
- Certify transactions for accuracy and propriety prior to submission to the supervisor for approval and/or action
- Process payment of contracts and agreements with the required support documentation and certifications.
- Ensure that payments are in line with approved expenditure and have adequate supporting documents.
- Ensure the safe keeping of equipment and supplies, conduct physical inventory verification.
- Calculation and payment of daily subscription allowance (DSA) to participants.
- Ensure all supporting documents on financial transactions are secured and properly filed.
- Management/ Supervision of UNDP / DGD Drivers, office vehicles, assigning drivers to missions, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation and Airport pick up.
- Checking and recording of daily vehicle log and gas consumption, update and maintenance