Finance and Administration Manager (Plant)
TITAN Cement Company SA
October 2009 - November 2012 (3 years 2 months)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, key accountabilities were the following:
- The role of Plant Controller: budgeting/ cost monitoring, system of internal controls, SAP design, reporting package
- Managing the Departments of Accounting, IT, Procurement/ Contracts, Warehouse, Security/ Audit, Human Resources, Medical and Social Officers
- The relations with the local authorities and the Workers Trade Union
- Compliance to work- and tax- related legislation
- Although the Finance and Administration Departments were significantly downsized (from 26 in 2006 to 12 in 2012), their effectiveness was maintained, through reassignments, SAP fine- tuning, redrafting of procedures, continuous training and staff motivation.
- Strongly contributed to the reduction of plant’s administrative and fixed production costs by more than 20% during the years 2006 to 2012 (excluding payroll savings).
- Played a key role in the massive reduction of plant’s total workforce from 182 (2006) to 106 (2012), in a highly unionised environment.
- Established a solid network with the key participants of the local community, through fair dealing, mutual understanding and cooperation, thereby ensuring smooth relations with the local stakeholders.