FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
CENTRE FOR CLINICAL CARE AND CLINICAL RESEARCH IN NIGERIA (CCCRN)
September 2012 - Present Day (4 years 9 months)
FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
- Review policies and procedures for the general operation of the organization and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Support regular audit to determine the accuracy of financial transactions and compliance with policies and guidelines
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control system and recommend improvement as necessary
- Support the preparation of audit report with recommendations
- Review internal work plan to resolve/clear findings of external audit
- Ensure all organizational activities are in line with contractual obligation and agreement with respective grant funder
- Oversee grant awards to an assigned portfolio of local partner organizations, and ensure efficient financial administration of the CDC service delivery grant program
- Maintain a grant tracker for all sub-grants, including a submission tracker
- Work closely with the Regional Coordinators, Finance and Grant team on development and review of grant, specifically grantee budget, financial documentation, and financial management system
- Within assigned portfolio, review all grantee financial report and reimbursement request for appropriateness and ensure grantees are in compliance with administrative and financial policies, procurement requirements, procedures, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Conduct routine verification of expenses claimed and ensure compliance with CFR cost principles
- Collate and prepare documentation for disbursement of funds to grantees; assist in disbursement of funds as required
- Assist in developing budget, provide support in procurement, remitting payments and reconciling advances for training
- Review and ensure all awards and contracts comply with all applicable Federal and funding source regulations, state laws, and institutional policies and procedures and recommend acceptance.
- Negotiate contracts, award document, and/or budget with external funding source and recommend approval.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manage day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develop and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to ensure relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other department to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Conduct investigation or forensic audit if fraudulent activities are suspected.
- Participate in physical inventory counts of commodities, fixed assets, bank cheques and other accountable forms.
- Review tax computations and other statutory requirement (e.g. PAYE, Pension, NHF, etc.) to ensure compliance and swift remittance
- Evaluate financial reporting system, accounting and collection procedure, and make recommendation for change to procedures, operating system, budget, and other financial control functions.
- Oversee the flow of cash
- Plan, direct, and coordinate risk and insurance programs of sub-offices to control risks and losses
- Prepare month end balance sheet account reconciliation
- Manage the month end accounting close process, ensuring completeness test
- Coordinate the preparation and ensure the on-time submission of the monthly report
- Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Monitor cash and bank balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests from sub-offices.
- Prompt response to audit inquiries for utmost clarification