mainstreet Bank Limited
January 2010 - August 2012 (2 years 8 months)
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER – CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING SEPT. 2010 –JUNE 2012
MAINSTREET BANK LIMITED, LAGOS, NIGERIA
- Managed Risk Assets and Deposit Liabilities of major multinational/local corporates operating in Energy & Power, Telecommunications, Building & Construction, Food & Beverage and Manufacturing (Textiles & Packaging) Sectors of the Nigerian Economy.
- Mobilized Deposit Liabilities and Created Quality Risk Assets to enhance the bank’s balance sheet and profitability in line with management’s strategic objectives and set targets.
- Continuously formulated ideas and innovations within broad operational guidelines to enhance the bank’s wallet share of client’s portfolios and maximize client satisfaction, thereby mitigating churn.
- Periodically conducted Credit & Financial Analysis on local corporates and global conglomerates aimed at booking fresh credit, reviewing existing credits in line with Global Industry Best Practices(e.g. Basel I,II & III), CBN Prudential Guidelines, and changing international accounting standards(replacement of local GAAP with IFRS).
- Periodically conducted industry research with a view to keeping abreast of current developments particularly in sectors the bank is heavily exposed to and recommended to executive management sectors/sub-sectors with attractive investment prospects.
- Effectively managed assigned Non-performing Loans(NPLs), with a view to applying the best remedial measure- full recovery, repackaging, interest waiver, write-off or remedial credit to turnaround and narrow the probability of loss through provisioning
- Acted as Credit and Financial Adviser/consultant to all corporate banking sectors