MW & More (Milliner warehouse Ltd) London
October 2009 - Present Day (7 years 7 months)
Financial/Mgt. Accountant (March 2011 to Date): MW & More (Milliner warehouse Ltd) London
Prepare and interpret financial and operational reports prepared in according to IFRS & UK GAAP and management requirements in supporting management decision making and providing support to the finance team
- Timely preparation of financial and management accounts for business entities in accordance with IFRS, UK GAAP and management requirements
- Assist to prepare consolidated P & L and Balance sheet of business units in accordance to IFRS & UK GAAP
- Processed month and year end General ledger journals and reconciliations of General Ledgers
- Analysis of inventory for proper administration using pivot table and other excel tools
- Costing of product, cost analysis of business units and product pricing to match/beat competitors
- Maintain GL and sub-ledgers, cashbook and other nominal ledgers of business units
- Monthly review of group balance sheet to assist in the delivery of information to meet banking covenants
- Evaluation of Franchise and agency agreement documents and business case for final endorsement
- Make input to the strategic direction, planning, budgeting and performance review of business units
- Provide credit risk report on new customers, projects, franchise and agents for decision making
- Supervise bi-annual stock take and inventory reconciliation and revaluation for database update
- Assist in preparation of budget, forecast, cash flow and variances for business units
- Prepare liquidity report and working capital requirements for business units and offices.
- Monitor account reconciliation and KPI metrics and projects evaluation of costs and margins
- Draft and review business case & agreements for negotiation with franchisees, agents and distributors.
- Identify improvements in processes and make recommendations for changes to processes and controls
- Prepare multi- currency management accounts relating to European and oversees transactions.
- Test and remit VAT, WHT, PAYE, EC Sales list and all statutory returns on timely basis at all times
- Liaise and work closely with external auditors ensuring all supporting documents and evidences are made available regarding quarterly and year-end audits.
- Provide relevant financial information as required to other departments including tax, project controls and management and financial accounting
- Provide strategic direction, supervision, coaching and mentoring support for new finance recruits
Asst. Management Accountant (Oct 2009 March 2011): MW & More (Milliner warehouse Ltd) London
- Prepared sales invoices, Purchase invoices and maintained upkeep of account filing systems
- Reconciled staff and managers expenses to card statements and reported discrepancies
- Carried out credit control and reported debtor age and creditors unsettled payment
- Processed month and year end General ledger journals and reconciliations of GL accounts
- Maintained general ledgers and sub-ledgers, cashbook, of business units and the group
- Performed reconciliation of inter-company/Office transactions and raised corrective journals
- Calculation of accruals, prepayments, monthly amortizations and adjustment journals
- Performed daily review and reconciliation of nominal ledger, suspense accounts and cashbook
- Managing and updating Fixed assets register and calculating depreciation, accruals and prepayments
- Prepared bank and card reconciliations and control accounts reporting identified issues
- Processed of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and Assets register maintenance.
- Performed testing of transactions for filing of VAT, PAYE, NI, EC Sales and corporation tax
- Liaised with external consultant, agents and professional services and funds providers
- Contributed to strategy leading to opening of new business units, franchises which boosted revenue
- Contributed to lean operations saving cost and improving sales and profitability margins.
- Integration of accounting system inventory database software and the website causing efficient operation
- Motivated an extensive improvement to accounting information system and implementations
- Maintained an efficient and integrated accounting system leading to tight internal financial controls
- Lead the project team in implementing migration to new accounting system