C & N Abuson United Investment Limitd (Telecommunications & Service)
May 2011 - Present Day (5 years 10 months)
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly and quarterly Management Accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of branch profitability report.
- Preparing of monthly & quarterly comparative analysis on expenses, commissions and sales; and identifying areas of poor performance and proffering solutions and corrective measures to the management.
- Responsible for preparation and filing of Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax and PAYE Tax returns on a monthly basis.
- Liaising with the Tax Auditors in the event of Lagos State PAYE Tax Audit exercise.
- Liaising with statutory external auditors during financial audits.
- Maintaining good business relationship with our bankers and other suppliers.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Daily Business Net worth Analysis report.
- Preparation of monthly staff payroll together with relevant schedules.
- Maintain the Company’s Fixed Asset Register.
- Responsible for determining appropriate financing decisions to minimize company cost of fund on transactions on a daily basis.
- Responsible for training of staff members on recent changes as it relates to finance and accounting.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving branches petty cash expenses on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for supervising the daily activities of the accounts department which includes:
Posting of sales transactions and appropriate customers commission into the ledger
Posting of daily expenses both main and petty cash transactions
Preparation of daily sales & commission report together with details of bank lodgments and cash receipts
Preparation of daily stock balance position
Preparation of daily stock purchases and outstanding report
- Coordinating the sales and financial transaction of branches as well as daily stock status.
- Responsible for the daily and monthly bank reconciliation and communicating with our bankers on areas of interest over-charge.
- Responsible for maintaining company’s payables and due dated for payments.
- Responsible for daily payments for products to various networks and other suppliers.
- Responsible for maintaining records of incentive and commissions received from networks.
- Responsible for handling all stock warehousing arrangements with our banks.
- Responsible for computing the monthly sub-trade partners incentives.
- Assist other departments with organizing and planning special functions
- Enforce and implemented effective controls on cash handling and stocks by implementing policies on maximum daily cash at hand and serial recording for all incoming and outgoing stocks.
- Re-organization of the Accounts Department upon resumption of duty at C & N Abuson United Inv. Ltd in the following areas:
Improving the record keeping system of the company’s financial records and transactions.
Ensuring the accuracy & integrity of data & information contained in the accounting software.
Reducing to a minimal position the company’s cost of fund through good management of the company’s overdraft facilities with its bankers.
Ensuring a smoother flow of transaction recording and reporting through creation of additional accounts on the software to show a clearer and true position of transactions.
Minimization of the company’s tax exposure through appropriate computation and filing of all tax returns at the right time there by avoiding accumulated tax liabilities together with high interest and penalty charges by the relevant tax authorities.
Singlehandedly re-structured the company’s payroll to reflect the new PAYE tax legislation, bearing in mind maximum reliefs that can be granted to an employee.
- While at Pedabo (Tax, Audit and Advisory) as a team lead, I maintained such good professional relationship with clients that resulted in a very minimal client-direct communication with my bosses.