1.Training in fire prevention, communications & keeping records of annual fire statistics.
2. Participating in fire fighting, disaster handling & rescue operations
3. Participating in building inspection as relayed to collapse & electricity as a major cause of fire outbreak.
4. Inspecting equipment & appliances to ensure their functionability.
5. Assisting in fire disaster investigation & writing reports.
6. Taking control of men on drills and emergencies in the absence of a more senior officer.
7. Advising the general public, industries and institutions on fire prevention.