FAREAST MERCANTILE COMPANY LIMITED
October 2011 - Present Day (5 years 10 months)
- Day to day coordination of the entire fleet, schedule drivers in order to meet up with organizations demand to achieve even distribution in all areas of business nationwide.
- Monitor and direct the activities of mechanics and oversee the purchase of spare parts in order to achieve time efficiency and to ensure that only original parts are used during servicing and repairs at the best price.
- Liaise with government officials such as Vehicle inspection officers (VIO), Police, FRSC and LASTMA to achieve good working relationship.
- Manage the distribution network of Company’s sales vehicles in order to ensure there are no excesses or shortages in any of the branches nationwide.
- Control and maintain company’s fleet data in order to ensure that renewal of vehicle documents such as vehicle license, road worthiness, insurance covers, Hackney permits, local government certificates and stickers are carried out at the appropriate time.
- Organize and direct vehicle purchase and disposal to ensure that the right vehicles are purchased, and disposal are carried out at the right time to reduce cost of maintenance.
- Monitor the activities of drivers nationwide, in terms of making good evaluation and assessment to be able to make recommendations for promotion, disciplinary actions and termination if necessary.
- Conduct drivers training in areas of vehicle maintenance, traffic codes, safety, protocol and courtesy.
- In-charge of recruiting drivers when needed.
- Preparation of quarterly fleet budget and monthly presentation of fleet activities to the company’s Managing Director.
- Coordinate the installation of safety and communication equipment such as Auto tracking devices, Speed and reverse alarms, Anti theft security locks and alarms.
- In-charge of issuing drivers identity cards, uniforms and vehicle signs.
- Monitor the distribution of goods nationwide in order to achieve even and timely distribution of goods putting into consideration the demand, roads and security provisions in all regions.
- Management of Logbook for all company vehicles.
- Management of company’s vehicle fuelling system by introducing Fuel Debit Cards and Fuel Vouchers as a better fuelling option which reduced company’s expenditure on fuel by over 35 percent.
- Introduction of company identity with respect to Drivers’ uniforms and Identity cards.
- Introduction of cashless vehicle fuelling system.
- Introduction of Drivers’ waiting room. As such, controlling drivers’ excesses such as smoking and consumption of Alcoholic beverages and local gin.
- Introduction of a system whereby garages/workshops owned by company’s vehicle sellers are responsible for servicing and repair of company vehicles in order to ensure prompt and quality services.
- Actualization of credit facilities with Honda Place, Dana Motors, Hyundai Motors and Tata African Services in order to achieve time efficiency in vehicle repairs.
- Introduction and effective management of Vehicle Tracking Devices. Thus, monitoring effectively drivers movement and fuel consumption and movement of company vehicles.