Regional Logistics Manager (East centra and Lagos/West regions)
Nigerian Bottling Company PLC (authorised bottlers of coca cola in Nigeria)
July 2007 - November 2010 (3 years 5 months)
- Responsible for the management and guidance of the logistics planning, haulage/transportation, distribution, warehousing, depot operations, and inventory control units of the business in the region, make up of 356 employees, 4 plants, 32 depots, 457 haulage trucks, and 945 distribution trucks.
- Review on regular basis, plants Logistics team performance system, to ensure team focus on continuous sustenance of superior results.
- Develop supply plan from demand forecast as a basis for factory production plan, ordering and provision of materials to the factory and delivery to customer base on time.
- Responsible for the management of the toll filling partners.
- Manage strategic logistics partners to achieve the company’s corporate objectives.
- Develop processes to improve performance on an ongoing basis to achieve increase in productivity, reduce cost and increase revenue.
- Responsible for the planning of the region fleet requirements. Ensuring that fleet requirements are in alignment with the company’s sales objectives for the year.
- Engage in team building through recruitment, training, mentoring and development of associates within the supply chain process