federal high court
November 2012 - Present Day (4 years 4 months)
Legal Assistant (Nov 2012 – Date)
Federal High Court, Lagos Division, Ikoyi
- Work as a legal assistant to Justice R.N Ofili-Ajumogobia
- Carry out research for rulings and judgments
- Creation of cause lists
- Writing of judgments and rulings
- Record case dispositions, court orders and arrangements.
- Prepare documents recording the outcomes of court proceedings.
- Filing and other administrative responsibilities.
This allows me to become familiar with federal statues, rules and ordinances and code, also giving me a deep knowledge of court processes, orders, procedures and legal terminology. Also helps me polish my drafting skills.