Graduate Engineer Operations (NYSC)
Nigeria National Petroleum corporation/Pipeline and Product Marketing Company Limited (NNPC/PPMC)
October 2008 - September 2010 (2 years 1 month)
I worked in the operations department, which involves analyzing, monitoring and documentation of these petroleum products in the facilities for product reception and distribution.
Commissioning (Support) Engineer – 4th Jan 2010 – 26th August 2010
- I prepared Work Procedure, Safety Job Hazard Analysis and Permit-To-Work.
- Performed work and supervisions on loop tests for instrument and control equipment from field to control rooms, calibration of pressure relief valves, gas metering validation.
- I generated reports on supervised activities, and documented test results on check sheets via Commissioning Management System (CMS).
- I expedited vendor supplies, followed-up and provided support in closing out remaining punch list items.
The above helped in achieving the Project’s first gas-out date according to the schedule of key dates in the contract agreement which saved NNPC (the contractor) from being charged for liquidated damages by shell (the client), and has given me the experience of working in a green and brown field site/facility.
Project Control Officer – 19th Jan 2009 – 3rd Jan 2010
- I analysed NNPC’s contract base scope of work, attended meetings and provided services by drafting MOMs and letters that resolved interface related issues between NNPC and Client, Sub-contractor or Vendors.
- I prepared contract variations request that resolved disputed variations to the benefit of NNPC
- I ensured that all work and equipment/materials were based on specifications and standard