Network Engineer/Project Supervisor
Bosdel Computer and Service. (BCS)
August 2010 - December 2012 (2 years 5 months)
- Design, install and configure network and security infrastructure and the NMS/monitoring tools, including the core network switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IPS), proxy servers, VPN concentrators, spam firewalls, configuration management, network performance management, MRTG and SYSLOG aggregator.
- Monitor network traffic to identify problems and make capacity planning recommendations with the help of NMS and monitoring tools.
- Maintain and update the network and security infrastructure, tests and implements vendor security patches, implement workarounds for unpatched security vulnerabilities.
- Install, maintain, configure and troubleshoot the telecommunication infrastructure, including IP PBX’s, IP phones, IVR systems and fax servers.
- Troubleshoot problems with network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers and make corrective actions when necessary.
- Assist with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintain current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommend modifications as necessary.