Group HR/Admin Manager
Contemporary Group Limited
September 2011 - Present Day (5 years 11 months)
CONTEMPORARY GROUP LTD. LAGOS. - 7TH September, 2011 - Date
GROUP HR/ADMIN MANAGER
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overseeing of staff welfare (salary computation, Leaves, bonuses and other benefits)
- Liaising with heads of unit to design a performance management structure for all departmental staffs.
- Conducting research on employees/industrial relations current activities.
- Conducting interviews and selection processes leading to engagement of new staff
- Conducting periodic performance appraisal process including 1800 and 3600 appraisal system
- Ensuring staff salaries, benefits and compensation are in procession with what is obtainable in other and similar industries.
- Identifying skill gaps in all departments and make recommendation.
- Conducting induction/orientation programme for newly engaged staff
- Liaising with reputable training outfits to periodically conduct relevant job trainings
- Conducting period briefing on performance management for line managers
- Periodic survey of industry compensation packages
- Ensuring equity and fairness in job placements and compensation
- Advising the management on strategic HR policies
- Handles general office/staff management and conflict resolution
- Handles disciplinary, grievances and capability procedures management
- Overseeing the activities of the drivers and movement of vehicles
- To oversee the daily operations of the office; which will include: Staff Attendance, Movements, Dressing, etc.
- Adherence to work ethics (Break time, Noise control, Not eating in the office), General office cleanliness, Power supply (NEPA & Generator), Maintenance of office equipment (Computers, air conditioners Furniture and fittings, Photocopier etc)
- And any other official assignment that may arise and directed to be carried out by the management.
Restructured HR department; activities include
- Set up Performance management System
- Set up Selection, Recruitment, Induction and orientation programs management procedures
- Employee/Industrial relations management procedures
- Produced employee HR policy manual
- Disciplinary, grievances and capability procedures
- Day-day HR policies and procedures management
- Benefits and compensation management procedures
- General office/staff management